I would like to have a Contract Processor to make organic fruit juice for me and sell this under my brand name. Since I don’t actually make the product, does this make me a Wholesaler?
No, you will be classified as a Licensee Processor if you do not handle the product at all.
As a brand owner it is good to establish early on the following items:
- Who will own the formulas
- Who will manufacture your formulas (what country?)
- Where you may want to export
- Are your contractors certified, if so, do their certifications cover your potential Export countries
- Are your distributors certified?
Benefits or becoming a certified brand owner:
- Keeping your manufacturer confidential
- Create and approve your own formulas
- Receive your own ‘Bud’ logo for marketing purposes
- Consistent labelling- if you change or use multiple manufacturers this will not impact your labels