- Processors/Contract processor
- Crops: A plant that is grown to be harvested as food, livestock feed, fiber, or used to add nutrients to the field.
- Livestock: Animals that can be used for food or in the production of food, fiber, or feed.
- Processed products: Items that have been handled and packaged (i.e. chopped carrots) or combined, processed, and packaged (i.e. soup).
- Wild crops: Plants from a growing site that is not cultivated.
All raw certified organic products may be labeled with the USDA organic seal.
- Submit USDA NOP Application Form.
- Submit the following forms depending of your operation:
- Please ensure you include clear information on how you will identify and segregate NOP vs. ACO vs. non-organic cattle abd details of all livestock health treatments (internal and external) for the past three years.
- Organic Management Plan (Organic Farm Plan/ Organic Livestock Plan /Organic Handling Plan) Please include full paddock records that note all inputs for the last three years.
- Statuary Declaration
- Livestock Inventory
- Livestock Feed Record sheet (please complete this for the last three years, including all feed and any supplements)
- Document Review – ACO office need to receive these documents in the office for review prior to audit allocation taking place, and as part of the review will assess your management and inputs for the last three years. ACO office need to be able to verify compliance with NOP standards for the last three years in order to be able to go ahead with the audit and certification process. For livestock to be NOP eligible ACO office need to be able to verify that:
- Initial on-site audit – Pending the successful completion of the initial document review an on-site audit will be allocated to the operation. The onsite audit can also coincide with the annual ACO audit.
- Critical Review Committee (CRC) Review – audit reports are then reviewed by CRC for compliance with the NOP standard.
- Licence Agreement – pending the successful completion of the CRC review a USDA Licence Agreement will be sent. Licence Agreements contain Corrective Action Requests that need to be responded to before certification/certificates can be issued.