EU certified operations must use the EU leaf logo on products. The logo and labelling guidelines can be downloaded from the EU website http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/organic/downloads/logo/index_en.htm
Products carrying the EU logo or being exported to Europe must ensure:
– At least 95%of the products ingredients are of agricultural origin and have been organically produced to a standard recognised by the EU.
– All products comply with ACO inspection and control measures
– All products must bear either the name of the producer/preparer or vendor.
– The correct EU code of the inspection body
– ‘ In Conversion’ labelling in not permitted
– BIO code and Non-EU Agriculture must use Myriad Pro font
Product exported to Europe requires the mandatory EU code to be on the label. ACO has two EU codes as detailed below:
Product which is certified to the National Standard and meets the requirements of Department of Agriculture.
Product produced in Australia – which includes wine, livestock/or livestock by-products, plant processed product which contains imported EU certified ingredients. Product produced internationally in a country where ACO has EU recognition e.g. Fiji, China, Vanuatu (as per EU regulation 1235/2008)
(NS/ EU- Plant and Plant Products exported as food (excluding wine and yeast). All ingredients used in these products must be Australian Grown and may not contain imported organic ingredients. )
Cook Islands CK-BIO-107
Falkland Islands FK-BIO-107
Hong Kong HK-BIO-107
South Korea KR-BIO-107
Papua New Guinea PG-BIO-107
Underneath the logo and in Myriad Pro font the following statement has to be included:
EU Logo- https://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/organic/downloads/logo_en
EU Logo Fact Sheet- https://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/organic/sites/orgfarming/files/docs/body/organic_logo-faq_en.pdf